Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Grace is Sufficient

I'm not really sure why I haven't posted in several weeks. At first it was because I was avoiding God and the hard lessons He was teaching me through the Lenten season. But it ended up being a sweet time of learning to be okay with my weakness and allowing Him to receive the glory. 2 Corinthians 12:5 really spoke to my heart during that time: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I am learning to be thankful for my weaknesses. Thankful that I don't have it all together. Thankful for the days when I am tired, stressed and dealing with a cranky toddler. Why? Because those are the times when I truly have to depend on God to get me through the day. Those are the days when I can't muster up the strength to do it on my own. And when I surrender and truly ask for His help, that's when He steps in.

But I am learning I must choose to run to Him, not other things or people, in order to tap into that divine power. It may mean praying a quick prayer, like "Abba, Father! Help me!" Or quoting a verse of Scripture, like that 2 Corinthians verse. Or just physically going on my knees and asking Him to step in, confessing that I can't do it on my own.

I think the main reason I haven't been blogging is because I am in MAJOR nesting mode right now. Baby 2 will be here in less than 2 months! I am thrilled to meet her and get to know her little personality and what she will look like, but I'm also nervous as heck. I will be sad to no longer be able to use nap times to get housework done and have a quiet time with God. I am worried about the days when both little ones will be cranky and I will be sleep deprived. Can I really do this, Lord?

But that's when He reminds me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

He is my Rock. He is my Stronghold. In Him do I trust. I am embracing my weakness, so that He can be made strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment