Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Same God Yesterday, Today and Forever

I just wanted to share a quick word of encouragement for today.

So often when I start to pray, I have a long list of things that seem too big for God, too unlikely to answer, too unattainable.

But this morning, as I felt that overwhelming sense of doubt, the Lord brought Hebrews 13:8 to mind: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."

Then I remembered who I am praying to. I am praying to the same God who shut the mouths of lions when Daniel was thrown into their den. I am praying to the same God who walked across water. I am praying to the same God who raised Lazarus from the dead. I am praying to the same God who Himself, rose from the grave. I am praying to the same God before whom we will all one day bow before in utter worship and awe as the angelic beings around Him sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty. You are worthy to receive glory, honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

This is the God I worship. This is the God I pray to. And when my little prayers seem impossible for God, I cling to this truth.

Lord Jesus, thank You that You are the same yesterday, today and forever. So often I forget to remember who You really are. Help me cling to Your Word, which reminds me of Your power, Your sovereignty, Your justice and Your mercy. Thank you that I can fully trust You, knowing You are ultimately in control of all things and that You are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment