It's not every morning that I wake up just bursting with thankfulness, but today was one of those mornings. Perhaps the cool, crisp air did it. Perhaps because it's Mother's Day Out and I get to have a few precious hours to myself. Who knows. But I can't resist the opportunity to list a few things I am oh so thankful for!
1. My family - this includes my immediate family, my extended family and my in-laws (yes, I LOVE my in-laws, especially my mother-in-law!). I look forward to spending time with my family. I enjoy getting to know each other better, in different life stages, as the years go by. I love how the dynamic keeps changing with the addition of more and more little ones each year. It's chaotic, but so much fun! I can't wait to celebrate the holiday season together!
2. My friends - I am so grateful to be surrounded by a community of close friends that are within walking distance from me. We get to see each other weekly, if not daily, depending on the week. Most of us are stay at home moms, so we meet up for playgroups, walks, park time and girls' night out on a regular basis. I don't think I'd survive being a SAHM without my precious friends. Yay for community!!!
3. My hubby - as cheesy as this sounds, he is truly my best friend and lifelong companion. I love when he comes home and we can share our day together. He downloads about work, I give him the latest on Marshall's hilarious antics. Occasionally, we even get an evening walk in before it's time for Marshall's bedtime routine.
4. Marshall - He keeps us laughing non-stop. Whether it's a new sound (ba-ba-ba, da-da-da, ma-ma-ma), a new move (climbing into the kitchen cabinet after dumping everything in it out on the floor), or a new discovery (pulling the entire roll of toilet paper off the roll, then ripping it to shreds), we are constantly giggling. He definitely keeps us young!
5. Halloween party - we hosted a kids' costume party for the neighbors and had a blast hanging out with all the young families. Relationships were built, fun was had and many more memories are promised for the future.
6. Beautiful fall weather - it is FINALLY here (hopefully, to stay!). I'm not much of a Texas summer fan, so I am LOVING the crisp, cool nip in the air!
7. My relationship with Jesus - once again, I know this can sound terribly trite and cheesy, but I truly am thankful that He is Lord of my life, that I can pray and talk to Him throughout the day, about anything, anything at all. My thoughts, my fears, my anxieties, my hopes, my dreams, my desires. And I can know that He hears me. And not only that He hears me, but that He cares, that He is there for me, that He leads me, He protects me, He disciplines me, He forgives me, He instructs me, He speaks to me, He loves me. What wonderful news that is!
Those are just a few of the things I am thankful for today. I pray that this season of thanksgiving will cause each of you to reflect on what you are thankful for, as well!